The Superintendent is defined by the contract in most cases.
The Superintendent is usually an independent certifier who administers and makes impartial assessments in accordance with the contract.
Some tasks may include:
– assessment of progress claims and issue of progress certificates;
– assessment of claims for variations to the contract;
– assessment of claims for extension of time;
– assessment of quality of materials and workmanship in accordance with the contract documents;
– certifying liquidated damages; and
– issuing certificates of practical completion.
At Signature Project Management we have dedicated experts with experience in construction and construction contracts as well as ongoing professional development in contract law and dispute resolution. We are able to assign the right individual with the knowledge to act in the role of the Superintendent.
Contact us before your next major project to enquire about the availability of one of our experts.